Monday, October 1, 2012

A broken Mercedes website speaks volumes

Would you buy a new car from a website that didn't work?

How about one that, no matter what browser you used, still wouldn't let you view and configure a vehicle online?

No, me neither!

But in my search for a new car tonight (and on the recommendation of a friend) I tried mercedes.co.uk to check-out the latest range. And lo and behold, it didn't work. It literally gave me a grey screen and no content, no matter how often I tried.

Needless to say, I'm no longer in the mood for Stuttgart's finest. A shame really.....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

In communications strategy, when we bite off more than we can chew - we can miss out on the basics (in this case a proper, functioning website). A bit ironic considering the recent post where a Mercedes executive pushes the importance of social media for luxury brands. A wasted effort if customers arrive at a broken website. (http://www.luxurydaily.com/mercedes-exec-social-media-efforts-should-single-out-brand-advocates/)

For all we know, they could have had an issue with their web provider but the damage is done.