Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Social Media Bullshit Bingo – some suggestions

I’ve had a bit of feedback on my earlier post about Social Media Bullshit Bingo and a few people have asked me for suggestions of words they can use to play this game. So here is a list I have put together from my own experiences (plus a few from some Twitter buddies who I asked back a few weeks ago when this whole idea initially took shape).

Facebook
Twitter
Social Graph
Google+
Crowdsourcing
Transparency
Influence
Authenticity
and finally Amazeballs (thanks to http://twitter.com/bobblebardsley)

Note: This is not an exhaustive list, as I am sure you will have your own and terms will evolve as new products and services emerge or grow in prominence (for example, Google + would not have been on the list just 3 weeks ago).

However, if you think there are any blindingly obvious ones that I have missed and that other game players could benefit from them, then please feel free to add them in the comments section below

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how about
Waterfall
Agile
Klout
Add a like button to it
"but what's their follower count"
Bootstrap

Hayden Sutherland said...

Fantastic stuff, thanks for this Tristan.

perhaps some of these are just IT buzzwords (e.g. Waterfall & Agile) but Klout and Like definately need to go on the list.

swampdemon said...

Plenty of inspiration at:
http://whatthefuckismysocialmediastrategy.com

Hayden Sutherland said...

A great link John, thanks for that